|Dates:||July 9-13, 2018 (Mon-Fri)|
|Time:||8:30 – 2:30|
|Location:||NEIU’s El Centro|
Reserve your spot today!
Why give up a precious week of Summer?
As good teachers, we all care deeply about providing the best literacy instruction for our students. With the new emphasis on writing in our schools, and the introduction of writing workshop into the curriculum, many teachers are wondering just how to proceed.
The teacher-leaders of IWP have extensive experience helping colleagues adopt and refine writing workshop and can provide many effective strategies and teaching ideas.
- Engaging and practical strategies for teaching writing that you can begin on Day 1
- Balancing in-depth learning in the writing curriculum with standardized test expectations
- Setting up, conducting and managing writing workshop to build strong and successful writers
- Energizing renewal for ourselves as we work with like-minded, committed professionals from all grade levels
Who is this workshop for?
This program is designed for classroom teachers, support staff and school literacy leaders of all grade levels, and will be led by experienced IWP teacher/leader, Jan Booth.
|Teaching Writing||7/9 – 7/13, M-F 8:30 – 2:30||$300|
|Summer Leadership Institute (SLI)||7/16 – 7/20, M-F 8:30 – 2:30||$300|
|Writing and Technology||7/9 – 7/11, M-W* 8:30 – 2:30||$150|
|Social-Emotional Learning and Writing||7/11 – 7/13, W*-F 8:30 – 2:30||$150|
* Writing & Technology concludes at 11:00am 7/11. SEL & Writing begins at 12:00pm that day.