|Dates:||July 9-11, 2018 (Mon-Wed)|
|Time:||8:30 – 2:30|
|(Half day (8:30 – 11:00) Wednesday|
|Location:||NEIU’s El Centro|
Reserve your spot today!
What’s in it for You?
“What do I do with our Chromebooks that will help kids write better and not just feel like busy work?”
Come to Illinois Writing Project’s Writing & Technology Workshop and discover new ways to use technology in literacy classrooms.
You Will Learn
- What it means to be a 21st century writing teacher
- How digital writers learn to collaborate
- How students can create a positive online presence
- How digital writers distribute their writing
- How digital writing processes intersect with writing workshop
Who is this workshop for?
Classroom teachers, support staff, and literacy leaders who want to incorporate digital processes into writing workshop.
15 ISBE Professional Development Hours will be granted upon course completion
OPTIONAL: Two (1) Northeastern Illinois University graduate credit hour may be earned. This option requires payment of tuition at NEIU’s graduate credit rate. Contact Dr. Katy Smith at K-Smith1@neiu.edu for details about how to register for this credit.
|Teaching Writing||7/9 – 7/13, M-F 8:30 – 2:30||$300|
|Summer Leadership Institute (SLI)||7/16 – 7/20, M-F 8:30 – 2:30||$300|
|Writing and Technology||7/9 – 7/11, M-W* 8:30 – 2:30||$150|
|Social-Emotional Learning and Writing||7/11 – 7/13, W*-F 8:30 – 2:30||$150|
* Writing & Technology concludes at 11:00am 7/11. SEL & Writing begins at 12:00pm that day.