|Dates:||July 8-12, 2019 (Mon.-Fri)|
|Time:||8:30 – 2:30|
|Instructor:||IWP Co-Director Jan Booth|
|Location:||Lincoln School, Elmhurst – easily accessible from highways|
Why give up a precious week of Summer?
As good teachers, we all care deeply about providing the best literacy instruction for our students. With the new emphasis on writing in our schools, and the introduction of writing workshop into the curriculum, many teachers are wondering just how to proceed.
IWP teacher-leaders have extensive experience helping colleagues adopt and refine writing workshop and can provide many effective strategies and teaching ideas.
- Engaging and practical strategies for teaching writing you can begin on Day 1
- Balancing in-depth learning in the writing curriculum with standardized test expectations
- Setting up, conducting and managing writing workshop to build strong and successful writers
- Energizing renewal for ourselves as we work with like-minded, committed professionals from all grade levels
Who is this workshop for?
This program is designed for classroom teachers, support staff and school literacy leaders of all grade levels, and will be led this 2019 summer by experienced IWP teacher/leader, Jan Booth.
Register and pay online for summer 2019 here.
30 ISBE Professional Development Hours granted upon course completion
OPTIONAL: One Northeastern Illinois University graduate credit hour may be earned. Tuition at NEIU’s new discounted graduate credit rate. Contact Dr. Katy Smith at K-Smith1@neiu.edu to register for this credit.
|Teaching Writing||7/8 – 7/12, M-F 8:30 – 2:30||$300|
|Advanced workshop: Connecting with Colleagues on teaching writing||7/15 – 7/19, M-F 8:30 – 2:30||Grant funded|
|Writing and Technology||7/8 – 7/10, M-W* 8:30 – 2:30||$150|
|Social-Emotional Learning and Writing||7/10 – 7/12, W*-F 8:30 – 2:30||$150|
* Writing & Technology concludes at 11:00am on 7/11. SEL & Writing begins at 12:00pm that day.